What were you doing 10 years ago?
I just had a baby. We were living outside of Chicago, in Batavia, though we were still working in the city. We were deciding whether we would move back to Mississippi. I was preparing for another semester of teaching, though I knew it would be my last.
What were you doing a year ago? Being a Momma, wife, farmer, homeschooler, web designer, and Girl Friday.
5 snacks that you enjoy:
- Tab - though I really am going to quit
- Guacamole and corn chips
- Coffee ice cream
- Apples sometimes with peanut butter and sometimes plain
- The salsa we only have this time of the year when the tomatoes are perfect and the peppers hot
- Chocolate - I'm not choosy
- Shave Yo Legs - Keb Mo
- Up On the Housetop - The question is does my sister still remember the words?
- Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd including the requisite "Turn It Up" at the beginning of the song
- Amazing Grace and the rest of the hymns I learned growing up
- John Henry and the other folk songs we used to sing with Momma
5 Things you would do or get if you had a Million dollars I can't think of anything I would rather be doing and I really need to get rid of about half of what I have but . .
- I suppose I could buy a new fuel conscience car, maybe electric, but even with that I would like to wait until the technology moves forward just a bit and the children quit making a mess
- The barn could use some work
- Something to make my husband happy - maybe a new tractor and hay baler or a new truck
- A camping/hiking trip in Alaska - I would have to wait a while for the children to get stronger legs. I can't carry them
5 Bad Habits
- Inability to say No to Things I know I don't want to do
- Letting the laundry pile up
- Obsessive focus on projects
- Being selfish
5 things you like doing
- Playing scrabble
- making jelly
5 things you would never wear again
- Heels on the city sidewalks
- mini mini skirts
- pig tails
- any of those bridesmaid dresses mull-berry encouraged me to find
- my iPod