Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

We enjoyed our 4th. My son, aka The Pink Panther, went to a fireworks show and spent the night with a friend, another first for him. I retrieved him right before lunch. My husband took them swimming and to get fireworks late in the afternoon. We have watched the show. Now I am going to sit on my festively decorated porch (we leave the lights up year round and turn them on around Christmas, the 4th, during The Fair, and any other time we feel colorful) and wait for the rain. Natalie said it was coming! I hope she's right. Now, that would be a wonderful present.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Now that *would* be a nice present! I hope it comes your way and stops for a while...

Unknown said...

It rained for about 45 minutes, ranging from sprinkles to downpours with lightning zigzagging through the sky--right alongside the bottle rockets and roman candles:

The crazy neighbors never went inside. It's midnight and they just stopped shooting fireworks. I think I saw a police car...

BUT IT RAINED. And that's all that matters.

Wisteria said...

We didn't get more than a few drops. Maybe in tonight's scattered thunderstorms.

Your neighbors sound like they moved from here, though people here probably wouldn't have "burned up" that much money.

Anonymous said...

How was the "first" sleepover?

Your SIL

Wisteria said...

The sleep-over was a hit for him. I'm still questioning whether I should ever let him out of the house. We are super careful with soft drinks and TV. He stayed up until 3:30 in the morning watching a DVD compilation of Dukes of Hazard reruns and drinking Mountain Dew. He hasn't been able to talk about anything else. The outside world infiltrates my fortress of safety. I know more will come, but I wasn't ready for The Dukes of Hazard. Yuk!