Friday, August 04, 2006

Another August Birthday!

We have a lot of August birthdays in my family and today was one of them. The children and I went to the city for my 3 year old nephew's birthday party. My sister really did a great job following through with the party theme. She did an under-the-sea theme for a swimming pool party. The invitations had an octopus on them. She borrowed some brightly painted fish from the local theatre and placed them around the pool. Balloons were their air bubbles. They had goldfish and little fruit juice gummy fish for snacks.

After the grilled burgers came the cutest under the sea cake with an octopus perched on top. The frosting was blue and there were fish swimming around the sides of the cake. I'm not much for blue food, but who can resist such a cute presentation. The children kept running out and jumping in the pool with their noodles (the party favors) and they looked like squid or octopuses floating around with all those extensions.

The children had a wonderful time - so wonderful that I practically had to drag them out of the pool and into the car. The drive was long, but it was worth it to see that cute little embarrassed face when my nephew realized everyone was singing to him and the party was all about him. I hope my sister captured that picture.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I do love children's parties that are about the kids, with themes like that. It makes for special memories for everyone!