Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Cleaning Bonus

As I mentioned earlier, I am attempting to organize my books. While doing so, I found a great nature study book that I didn't realize I owned. My husband's 100 year old grandmother was lightening her load and gave us many books. When we got them I didn't have time to go through them properly. Yesterday afternoon I found The Wonders I See by John K. Terres in those books.

The Wonders I See is a wonderful CM type nature study book in that it is divided into months and within each month there are 7 to 10 shorter readings such as "Birds Bathing in Cold Weather," "Unusual Behavior of some Purple Martins," and "A Wasp Lures a Spider to Its Death." This book was originally published in 1948 and republished in 1960. I'm not sure if it is still available, but I am certainly excited that I can share this nature journal with my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the book. I am definately going to look into it. :)