Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Final Stretch

I have 5 more days of Nutcracker madness. We finished staging rehearsal number 2 last night at 7:30, then drove the hour and fifteen minutes home. There was a road block on the country road that leads into my little town which tacked on extra minutes. I was let past without much investigation, but the people in front of me on both sides of the road were checked thoroughly and I was annoyed beyond measure. Why would the MHP need to check licenses at 8:30 p.m. on a small country road whose traffic consists of people coming home from ballet and chicken and feed trucks? I hope there was a good reason because I was sorely inconvenienced.

Sorry, I got side-tracked. Tonight is dress rehearsal for Cast A. Thursday is a morning performance for school children and the Cast B dress rehearsal. Friday brings another performance for school children in the morning and the first paid (honestly I think they make those school children pay, but it is a reduced rate) public performance. Saturday brings a matinee, a tea party, and a night performance. Sunday brings the final matinee and tea party. I love to watch Princess' excitement, but I'm ready for the end. I'm tired of driving.

NaBloPoMo will be over this week too. Though this wasn't the best month for me to reinvigorate my blog after several months of lackadaisical blogging, I'm glad I tried. I needed a jump start.

5 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

You are so close to the finish line. Some of my best mommy memories are of the kids and I putting on our best clothes and shiniest shoes and going to see the Nutcracker...magic. Hope it goes well.

Jennifer said...

I've been enjoying the more frequent posts :-)

I hope Princess's moleskin or lamb's wool is holding up well. My grandfather, I'm told, gave the best post-Nutcracker foot massages. I hope Princess has a "feety-treaty" in her near future, and I'm glad you might finally get some time to settle in to less hectic routine!

Angela said...

Good for you...so glad you will be able to relax a bit. At least for a day, with the holidays rapidly approaching! ;) Tell Princess to Break a Leg!

Unknown said...

This will be the first time in a number of years that we haven't gone to see the Nutcracker. My 7 year old (male) actually likes it! I'm sure all will go well.
Hope the chickens are tucked in tight and y'all stay warm. Make some hot chocolate and cozy up to a fire! NaBloPoMo is over! YEAH!

Unknown said...

What's going on is central MS? How was the nutcracker? Hope all is well.