I think every member of my family who reads my blog has asked me why I haven't posted. My aunt even called my mother to get the scoop. My mother even suggested that if I have no intention of writing then I should at least tell every one so they will not continue to expect. m~ has emailed, asking what is happening. Zilla's post, though I'm sure she wasn't speaking directly to me, made me feel obligated to entertain since we are not yet in the grips of winter.
Here are my excuses. In the past 20 days:
- I have produced and packaged 20 dozen pieces of biscotti.
- I have produced dozens of frosted sugar cookie stockings for the Nutcracker soldiers and Chinese, complete with cute personalized gift tags.
- I have created and printed Christmas cards for 4 people for a total of 475 cards and mine are not even the cutest, so I won't get the best Christmas card award(a sister competition) this year.
- I have dipped candles until my right arm is sore.
- I have moved and stacked wood for the fireplaces until my back is sore.
- I have made chicken soup for a sick friend. I had to clean the rooster first.
- I have eaten so much sugar that I feel lethargic and unable to complete sentences.
- I have finished my Christmas shopping, well almost.
- My washing machine quit while completely full of water. They had to order a part.
- I have produced enough cupcakes and multi-colored royal icing for an entire cub scout pack Christmas party.
- I have a job that sometimes takes more time than scheduled.
- I cleaned my kitchen and even tossed some four year old food magazines.
- My husband decided now would be a good time to finish the bathroom (the only bathroom in the house so far) only three years after we moved here and two weeks from Christmas.