Saturday, May 06, 2006

Garden Fairies

My princess and I just left the garden - forced out by impending thunderstorms. While my husband and son went to a bull sale, we tilled, planted some more marigolds along a fence and planted zuchinni, yellow squash and patty pan squash. We also righted the bean poles from last weekend's storm and did a great deal of weeding. Princess ate her weight in carrot thinnings.

I love gardening with the children. They love watching things grow and even the tasks I hate, like weeding, are made into a game. Princess danced around the border we were planting depositing seed as if she were a fairy. I need to capture that garden fairy spirit every time I enter the garden so I won't miss the smallest miracles and transformations and the joy in gardening.

No comments: