Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Rare Occasion

I did something this morning that I haven't done in ages. I got back in bed! I woke at my usual time (5:30ish) and fed the cats and dog, let the chickens out, made sure there was fresh water, and gave the horse a few oats. Then, I came back into the house and got in bed. Nothing is wrong. I am not sick. The cool temperature and perfect humidity of the morning just made me want to lounge around. If you remember we keep our house open during this time of the year so we have an inside/outside house and this morning all the conditions were perfect for snoozing. At 7:30, I realized my husband was still asleep. This is unheard of and though I am not his alarm clock I pushed him a bit and asked if he knew it was late. Of course he didn't. Since I had gotten back in bed before he realized I was gone, he thought it was still early. I stayed in bed as he frantically got ready for work and left. Before I knew anything more, I heard the children in the kitchen scrambling eggs. It was 9 o'clock. Needless to say, we are a bit behind schedule today.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hope you and your kids -- if not your husband lol -- enjoy your relaxed schedule today.

Love the idea of an inside/outside house which isn't too practical here, sigh. So I'll enjoy yours vicariously : )

Jo said...

I am betting it was a rest well earned by you. Hope you enjoyed it and spoil yourself more woman! Get back into bed more often especially if you're getting up at 5:30am! OY

Wisteria said...

Yesterday worked out so well I may try it again. Soon.

Our inside/outside house is tremendous during spring, summer, and fall but the winter is a bit cool getting from one side to the other. I imagine it wouldn't work any further north.

Violet's Mom said...

Awesome! I've taken to sleeping in lately and I feel so lazy (and well rested).

Angela said...

Aren't days like this wonderful! I try to do this at least once a season...it so refreshes the soul!