Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rain

As late as October 15 I was lamenting the lack of sufficient rain. Since that time we have gotten 8.20" of rain. Our average for October is 3.30". We were so drought stricken that even with all this rain, I have not heard one complaint and I certainly haven't uttered one.

Today, we have more rain. In fact, it should be raining until Saturday. During the dry of the Summer I forgot about how slick the red clay in front of the chicken roost gets, how muddy the dirt roads get, how the roof will leak if I don't clean the valleys, and how much mud the children can track into the house.

I also forgot how amazing the rain sounds on the tin roof. If I didn't have so much to do I would go take a nap.

3 comments:

Frankie said...

Ah, enjoy the rain. I can hear it now. I love it because it is so cleansing to the earth, the air, the spirit.

Rain said...

Naps are so wonderful when it rains.

Angela said...

The sound of rain on a tin roof is a much-loved memory from childhood. I often wish those folks who make the tapes of beach sounds would think to make one of that--would it lull me to sleep!