Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Who Knew?

Yesterday, I washed sheets. I had all the sheets on the line by 8:00 a.m. Did I mention that I love the smell of line dried sheets. Anyway, late yesterday afternoon (around 5:30) I went to retrieve the sheets. Guess what? They weren't dry. The sun was shining and it was 98°. Who knew that if the humidity is over 70% the sheets won't properly dry, especially if there is no breeze. Though it makes perfect sense, I didn't think of it.

Seriously, it was so steamy yesterday you could have gotten a drink of water from the air. We'll have the same today. The warnings are already up for today.
The Combination Of Hot Temperatures And High Humidity Will Create A Situation In Which Heat Stress Illnesses Are Possible. Drink Plenty Of Fluids...Stay In An Air-Conditioned Room...Stay Out Of The Sun During The Hottest Part Of The Day...And Check Up On Relatives And Neighbors.

There Are Indications That This Building Heat Episode Could Persist Into Next Week.
I wonder if this means I don't have to do anything other than sip iced tea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for that. Though I might stretch to eating some fruit.

Jennifer said...

Lots of iced tea, and frequent posts :-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet tea and melon, or peaches. I remember those sort of days, where you get out of the shower and start sweating before you've even dried off. I think that is what keeps me living in the land of the Yankee.

Garden State Kate said...

Stay cool as you can, and yes a good book and sweet tea with lots of ice is called for!