Monday, January 01, 2007

Taking Inventory

As retail businesses begin to take inventory and assess profits, I find that a bit of personal inventory taking is in order. I suppose there is only one real question and that is, "Am I my best self?" My answer is a definite NO.

After getting that truth out of the way, I can move on to other smaller questions.
  • What prevents me from becoming my best self?
  • What steps can I take to get there?
  • Where do I start?
Armed with information, I am determined to become a better person.

What about you? Are you your best self?

3 comments:

Mother Crone's Homeschool said...

I am a big one for this sort of exercise as well. I think this is why I enjoy resolutions so much, as it really gets me to commit to making positive changes. I find that in so many levels, I let myself down with bad choices and laziness...and know that personal inventories are important to chiseling that list down.

JoVE said...

You two (since Anglela got in there with the first comment and wrote an excellent post on this subject yesterday) are going to wheedle me into dealing with this aren't you? :-)

Good questions. My initial thought is that not all businesses have their fiscal year end at the end of the calendar year. You can pick when you do it. I think my objection to all this resolving is the compulsion to do it now, just because we have to write a different number on our cheques.

No, I'm not my best self. but I'm not sure I'm ready to do anything about it either.

wisteria said...

You don't have to deal with everything now. I am going to work on one or two issues. I don't expect an overnight transformation.