Monday, April 02, 2007

I have been cleaning

Really!! Don't laugh. I really have. What I have done is not enough. No matter what I do, cleaning wise, it is never enough. Dirt and clutter just seem to reappear as soon as I turn my back. I feel like Pigpen. Nonetheless, I have spent the rainy part of the weekend purging.

Purging feels good. I don't want to stop. I want pristine counters, shelves, and desktop. I want a calm place for my eyes to rest. I want simplicity.

Unfortunately, I still want stuff - books, dishes, fabrics, pots, pans, and shoes. There is a separate part of me who wants stark simplicity. Duplicity in the home makes for confusion, disorganization, and a crazed woman. Yet, I can't seem to choose a path. I can't seem to purge deep enough to make a difference.

Yet, things are better than they were.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to double check to make sure I hadn't written this. I struggle with the same problem. I think the only way to have lots of the stuff I love and an appearance of simplicity is to get a 10,000 sq ft house. Not happening in my world.

Wisteria said...

That is exactly what I mean. If you want stuff you have to get a place big enough to hold the stuff. And you have to have storage closet. If you want to live simply, you have to be willing to give up some of your stuff.

You do have a nifty room for your seedlings, though. I have mine on the kitchen cabinet.