Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Did I mention?

How much I love my house at this time of the year. Well, I do. Sleeping in an open house is like camping with all the amenities. I get to hear all the wonderful night animal sounds; I get to feel the moistness in the air when the dew drops and the air cools; I get to hear the birds wake with song, all while lying on my firm, but not too firm, mattress on my crisp line-dried sheets with my favorite pillow.

Some think I'm out of my mind for living here, but you can't convince me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny you should write that, as I am sitting at the computer with all the windows flung wide, and a gentle breeze blowing through the room. It is a glorious sort of outside noise, isn't it? I had one of the first solid nights sleep in ages for that very reason. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling/smelling the fresh morning air, hearing the night sounds and rain on the roof in our old house of twenty plus years ago. Changes in outside temperature and barometer were felt almost immediately. Though I enjoy our present home, I still miss all of those things.

Jennifer said...

Do you have a guest room? (I'll bring my tools -- I promise.)

Wisteria said...

Come on down. I'll find a place for you.