Friday, March 14, 2008

Plum Blossoms




The plum trees are blooming! I was worried that we wouldn't have a blossoming because we had a freeze and snow (very unusual for us) a couple of weeks ago, but I suppose luck, orchard location, and the garden fence provided a little assistance.

Today was a gorgeous 75° day and the plum trees were a buzz with life. I counted 10 different types of flying insects on one tree. There were red wasps, bumble bees, butterflies, moths(I was forced to smash these), sweat bees, and many others. Of course, the trees were covered in honey bees (Better pictures of them here, here, and here. You may as well look at them all).

Thought you northern dwellers would appreciate a view of spring.

6 comments:

mull-berry said...

I can taste the honey already! Ymmm.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Angela said...

Oh lovely! Visions of plum preserves and honey....I'm so glad to see your bees are back!

Garden State Kate said...

Wow! I was getting ready to post my plum trees almost blooming,lol.
Looks and sounds gorgeous down your way!

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Wisteria. Just what the doctor ordered.

Wisteria said...

Glad I could help.