Thursday, June 14, 2007

More Harvest Pictures




Peter Pan lost his shadow! Actually this is what I found when I downloaded images from my camera. There were 20 shadow pictures.

Today's harvest included more beans - yellow wax beans and Italian flat beans. Tonight I will have a bean salad or something that will highlight all of the colors and flavors of the beans producing now. My goal was to have different beans at different times during the summer, but scheduling crops is tricky business so I have four beans producing at their peaks at the same time. I am strapped to the canner or snapping beans most of the day.

I am going to make some Dilly Beans for the first time with some of the wax beans. I wouldn't want to get bored. The yellow of the bean, along with the green of the dill and the white of the garlic will be pretty. I may try to leave the beans whole. I'll take a picture if they turn out. If they don't I wouldn't expect a picture of the failure.

These are Princess' blackberries. She picked almost a gallon and they are already frozen. She says she wants to go back tomorrow morning. We could have a cobbler with ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those bee-you-tee-ful blackberries. Very nice.

Garden State Kate said...

Yum!! I can not wait for our blackberries!