I was tagged by Angela for the 8 Things Meme. She tagged me last week which leads me to NUMBER ONE.
1. I am a procrastinator of the worst sort. I will put off any task until the very last minute then make myself sick worrying whether it will get done on time. I rarely fail, but I don't want my children to learn this terrible way of doing things, so I am trying to be better. But, it is difficult.
2. I was carried out into the Pacific Ocean in a rip-tide. I didn't panic. In fact, in a picture that was taken of my brother and me a little after we arrived ashore nearly a mile down the beach I look downright happy. So does my brother. We obviously thought the whole experience was a great adventure.
3. I've had lots of different jobs in my life including, but not limited to, real estate agent, teacher, veterinary surgical assistant, caterer, and purchasing agent for a hardware store.
4. I have hiked on the Appalachian Trail (GA, TN, NC), The Pacific Crest Trail(WA), The Ice Age Trail(WI), and The Continental Divide Trail (MT) but have never finished any of them. I took Pink Panther on the AT when he was 4 months old, 16 months, and again when he was 6. I took Princess when she was 2. I think they should be able to carry themselves now, so I am planning to hike some more soon.
5. Despite my obsession with natural foods, I will still drink a TAB anytime there is one available. I know Tab is a disgusting can of chemicals, but I have been hopelessly addicted since the first time I drank one to prove I could down the vile tasting beverage when I was 10.
6. I was called a double name until I left for Chicago, at which point I tried to lose it.
7. I had a turkey sandwich almost everyday for lunch for five years.
8. I twirled a rifle in a marching band when I was in high school. I only knocked myself out twice. I can still do a decent job with a broom or bean pole - at least enough to impress my children.
Play along if you like!! I think most of you have been tagged or cannot stand doing memes. Did you participate Z?